Workers from Xcel Energy spent Monday repairing downed equipment, including a power pole that was knocked over due to the high winds at Highway 392 and Weld County Road 23 on Monday. A fallen feeder pump Sunday evening left more than 400 homes and businesses in the Greeley, Windsor, Severance, and Eaton area without power for more than two hours. Gabriel Romero of Xcel Energy said the downed pump, which is what sends electricity from the substation to the neighborhoods, was blown over in the high winds, knocking out power to 409 customers for two hours and 22 minutes. Crews were still working on Monday to restore spotty power outages to a handful of people across the Greeley metropolitan area caused by anything from downed poles to wires. As of noon Monday, there were six small outages affecting a handful of people, Romero said. High winds are forecasted through Wednesday.
Photo story: Wind causes power outages across Weld County
Trending in: News
- Bison Ridge homeowners ask town to force annexation of property slated for oil and gas exploration
- Windsor Town Board approves $144,242 economic incentive package for Schlumberger Lift Solutions
- Red Rocket Web Specialists have evolved over 16 years in business in Windsor
- Town passes emergency ordinance to place moratorium on sweepstakes cafe businesses
- Windsor Law & Order for Sept. 14