EEW ... YOU EAT OFF OF THOSE
On Aug. 1 at 5:35 a.m., police were called to the 600 block of Southwood Lane on a report of trespassing. When police arrived, they were advised that there was strange chalk writing on the sidewalk. There was a drawing of a star with a circle around it. There were also the letters “NCC” and “Northern Colorado Crew” written on the concrete. The man also showed police where someone had urinated on dishes that were stored in a tent for a wedding. Police told the man they would give the area extra patrol.
n n n
NEVER RENT TO FAMILY! On Aug. 2, police were called to the 600 block of Hemlock Drive on a report of someone refusing to return items. When police arrived, a man told police that his mother had an engagement ring that belonged to him that she would not return because he owed her $650 in rent. There was no written or verbal agreement for collateral. Police explained to the woman that she could not keep his ring. She would have to seek civil remedies to get her rent. She returned the ring.
n n n
BICYCLE LOSES CONTEST WITH TRAIN TRACKS On Aug. 3 at 9:51 a.m., police were called to the 200 block of Main Street to assist an ambulance crew. When police arrived a 64-year-old man was getting assistance from bystanders for injuries to his wrist and forehead. The man said he crashed his bicycle near the railroad tracks. He did not know if he fell off, or if his tire caught the tracks. The ambulance workers advised him being transported to the hospital, but the man refused.
n n n
DUMP YOUR DIRT ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY On Aug. 6 at 3 p.m., police were called to the 2000 block of Bayfront Drive on a report of dumping. When police arrived, a man told police that a housing contractor was building two homes near his and dumping the foundation dirt on his property. He wanted them ticketed. He said he had made several attempts to contact the contractor to remove the dirt and that he had called the town’s building department who told him to call the police. The police called the contractor and they said they weren’t sure who dumped it. Police called the general manager, who did not respond. A week later, the police returned, and the dirt was gone.
n n n
WATCH OUT FOR YOUR DOGS On Aug. 7 at 12:30 p.m., police were called at the station about a dog being poisoned. Police talked to a woman who said her 3-year-old mini Australian shepherd-mix died from being poisoned. She said he collapsed and when she took him to the emergency vet she spent $2,600 in vet bills to learn he was poisoned. She said she had noticed pepperoni laying in her backyard in the 1200 block of Kirkwood Court and believed that to be what delivered the poison. She said a friend of hers who lived on Hemlock Drive had her dog poisoned two days earlier.