Staff reports

Back to: News
November 12, 2012
Follow News

Early morning fire displaces 2 Windsor residents, 2 pets

A house fire early Monday morning left two Windsor residents and their dogs without a home.

Windsor Severance Fire Rescue crews responded to reports of the fire at 33840 Colo. 257 around 5 a.m. Capt. Todd Vess, spokesman for Windsor Severance Fire Rescue, said Scott Wenzel, Stephanie Brothers and their two dogs were out of the house when crews arrived. No one reported injuries.

The fire is believed to have started from an electrical malfunction in the attic. The house was built in 1923.

Seventeen firefighters and two officers responded.

The American Red Cross is helping the residents with immediate needs like housing, food, blankets and medication, according to a news release.


Explore Related Articles

Trending in: News

My Windsor Now Updated Nov 24, 2012 03:11PM Published Nov 16, 2012 02:29PM Copyright 2012 My Windsor Now. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.