Early morning fire displaces 2 Windsor residents, 2 pets | MyWindsorNow.com
Staff reports

Back to: News

Early morning fire displaces 2 Windsor residents, 2 pets

Mike Bates/Windsor Severance Fire Rescue

A house fire early Monday morning left two Windsor residents and their dogs without a home.

Windsor Severance Fire Rescue crews responded to reports of the fire at 33840 Colo. 257 around 5 a.m. Capt. Todd Vess, spokesman for Windsor Severance Fire Rescue, said Scott Wenzel, Stephanie Brothers and their two dogs were out of the house when crews arrived. No one reported injuries.

The fire is believed to have started from an electrical malfunction in the attic. The house was built in 1923.

Seventeen firefighters and two officers responded.

The American Red Cross is helping the residents with immediate needs like housing, food, blankets and medication, according to a news release.