Fire at Theo’s Pizza in Windsor put out quickly |

Back to: News

Fire at Theo’s Pizza in Windsor put out quickly

An early morning fire damaged a business at 520 Main St. in Windsor but was quickly put out by firefighters.

A police officer noticed smoke inside the building containing Theo’s Pizza about 4:15 a.m. Tuesday, and Windsor firefighters had the fire extinguished by about 4:30 a.m., according to Todd Vess, Windsor Severance Fire Rescue spokesman.

The building was unoccupied at the time the fire occurred, said Tom Kathman, manager at Theo’s Pizza.

“They caught it really quick, it’s mostly just smoke damage,” Kathman said. “Structurally, we’re still solid. Equipment-wise, we’re still solid.”

He said the business could be closed anywhere from two weeks to a couple of months.

Main Street was closed to traffic for a little more than an hour but has since reopened.

Firefighters were still at the scene at 10 a.m. Tuesday and were assessing neighboring buildings for smoke damage. Ricky B’s Sports Bar remained open for business Tuesday.

“We appreciate the community’s support,” Kathman said. “We’ll be back and better than ever in no time.”

Trending In: News