Windsor Law & Order for Dec. 30 |

Windsor Law & Order for Dec. 30

Staff reports


At 11:51 p.m. Dec. 19, police were called to the 1500 block of Main Street for a reported suspicious vehicle. The cleaning crew at First National Bank reported that a pickup truck was parked outside with a man sitting in it. Police talked to the man and he told them he was using his smartphone and getting a good Wi-Fi connection by the bank while waiting for a Safeway employee to get off work. Police told the man that sitting outside a bank at night appeared suspicious, and he said he understood.

DON'T SEND THAT MONEY: At 1:40 p.m. Dec. 21, police were called regarding a fraud incident that occurred by phone at the 500 block of 7th Street. The reporting party told police that he received a call from an unknown person who had a strong accent. He said the voice sounded like a male and was difficult to understand because of the strong accent. The man asked the reporting party to go to any Walmart or Walgreens and purchase a money order for $500. In return, the man said he would arrange plans to meet with the reporting party in person and give him $250,000. The reporting party didn't get the man's name or information. Police called the number and left a voicemail by asking to return the call. Less than a couple of hours later, police spoke to the reporting party and he said the man called back again. The reporting party asked for the caller's name, and he said his name was Chang Monahan, and then asked the reporting party to send the money to a Virginia address, which is a post office.

CHRISTMAS FIREWORKS?: At 6:15 p.m. Dec. 21, police were called by a woman about a noise, possibly a single gunshot, that rattled the windows inside her home near Columbine and Garden drives. When police arrived, a second call came in to report the noise. The second caller and his wife heard the noise and found a burn mark on the concrete at Ponderosa and Columbine drives. Next to the burn mark was a small piece of cardboard paper, consistent with some fireworks. There were no witnesses, but police said several people, including several police officers blocks away, could hear the loud bang. Police checked the area, but could find no suspects.

Go back to article